Fourth Stop: Crane Construction
The Ardelt works, located at Heegermühler Straße from 1912 onwards, became known around the world for crane construction. After the Second World War, the public enterprise VEB Kranbau Eberswalde continued this tradition, specialising in the manufacture of port and shipyard cranes.
One of the industrial landmarks of the Finow Valley is the assembly crane ‘Eber’, erected in 1954. Although no longer in operation, it was restored for the ‘Landesgartenschau’ horticultural show, and a viewing platform was added. It provides a beautiful panoramic view across Eberswalde.