Since 1997 the local Eberswalde museum and the tourist information office have been housed in what used to be the Adler Pharmacy. It is the town’s oldest remaining half-timbered house and was built in 1663. It has since been restored and is now one of the most attractive historical buildings in the old town centre.
The museum’s collection of artefacts from the town and the region has grown over the past 110 years to include exhibits that bear witness to the industrial and technological developments in the Finow Valley. There is a room dedicated to the Experimental Radio Station Eberswalde and its legendary music transmissions – an important chapter in the early history of German radio.
Further sights in the town include the Paul Wunderlich House and the impressive Marienkirche church. It is also worth taking a trolley bus through Eberswalde. These electric buses have served the Finow Valley since 1940, when they replaced trams. A rare sight in Germany today, the trolley bus is still the main form of public transport in Eberswalde.
Steinstraße 3, 16225 Eberswalde
Opening times: Tue–Fri 10am–1pm and 2pm–5pm, Sat 10am–1pm, Sun 1pm–5pm
Admission: €4, concessions €2, family ticket for up to 6 people €8
Tel.: (03 33 4) 6 45 20